Two things to keep in mind: 1) WagerMate didn’t recommend betting on any of these races, so we were just betting for fun; 2) Making a profit is fun.
Triple Crown Summary
If you’re keeping score at home, please note that because I used conditional bets for the win bets on the Preakness & Belmont, and two of our choices became too popular, we didn’t end up betting on Creative Cause or Dullahan. That saved $4.
I got 75% of the superfecta again — could have used some help from Dullahan.
Sorry to hear that I’ll Have Another will be scratched. Here is WagerMate’s Contenders Report, rerun with that new info:
Belmont Stakes Contenders Report
My revised plan:
- A conditional win bet on Dullahan at 3/1 odds.
- An exacta box on 3/5/6/9
- My superfecta bet will be 3/5/6/9 with 3/5/6/9 with 1/3/5/6/9 with 1/3/5/6/9 for $7.20.
WagerMate doesn’t want us to bet on the Belmont Stakes — but I can’t resist. Here’s the Contenders Report…
Contenders Report for Belmont Stakes
- I’ll do a win bet on Dullahan if I can get 7/2 odds.
- My exacta bets will be 3/5/6 with 11, and 11 with 6.
- My superfecta bet will be 3/5/11 with 3/5/6/11 with 3/5/6/11 with 1/3/5/6/9/11 which should cost a whopping $5.40.
I uploaded a new version of WagerMate today. The most noticeable enhancements are:
- WagerMate is using a better source for the “Race Conditions” (under “Race Details”) on the View Card tab. The old source was limited to 400 characters, and that meant the text was sometimes truncated.
- WagerMate is smarter about distinguishing graded stakes races from non-graded stakes.
- The Preference menu lets you pick your preferred format for ROI.
Here’s an example where the Race Conditions are complex, and are now shown in their full glory…
As for the ROI change: the menu looks like this…
Up until now, WagerMate has said that a profit of 5% was an ROI of 105%. Most people call that an ROI of 5%, not 105% (although one of my ADWs calls that a “$1 ROI” of “+0.05″).
The default format is now the “5%” format, so we’ve joined the mainstream. I’ll try to use that format from now on in this blog. I’m not going to go back and modify old entries though — I think that would violate the blogger’s code of ethics.
Here’s what my back testing (on about 4 year’s worth of data) looks like in the new format:
Build 321 Back Test Report